Work Schedule: VariesLearn more about this agency
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Physician Mental Health Clinic Functional Statement
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Clinical services are provided by a physician who has completed residency. S/he must be qualified to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with illness according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and techniques.
- Performing initial clinical diagnostic examinations, and formulating initial treatment plans for patients.
- The Physician is expected to have a panel of patients s/he follows on a regular basis and will also see unscheduled patients presenting to the clinic.
- Providing medication management services.
- Coordinating medical care for mental health clinic patients requiring primary care follow up, or specialty medical/surgical consultation.
- Facilitating admissions to inpatient MH unit. Coordinating care with inpatient Psychiatric, or Medical-Surgical, physicians.
- Serving on Medical Staff Committees, or representing the MHS on special Medical Center projects or initiatives as directed by MHS management.
- Successfully practicing as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, working collaboratively in a respectful fashion with nurses, social workers, clerks, mid-level providers, and other physicians.
- Serving, as directed by MHS management, as primary or secondary supervising physician to midlevel providers
- Documenting the care provided in the electronic medical record in a timely and complete fashion.
- All additional data regarding patient care will be entered into the electronic record in a timely and complete fashion.
- Completing appropriate clinical reminders within his/her area of clinical responsibility in the electronic medical record in a timely fashion.
- S/he will be aware of "Performance Measures" that apply to the Mental Health Service, and will be collaborate in meeting those measures.
- The physician may be detailed to other VAMC clinical sites as directed by MHS management.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- The Physician exercises independent judgment. S/he consults with peers and his/her supervisor, including the Section Chief of Psychiatry, the Associate Chief of Mental Health Service Line, or the Chief of the Mental Health Service Line, as needed.
- The Mental Health Service Line (MHS) assumes broad oversight responsibility for the structure and functioning of the program to which this physician.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508389800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.