THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Office of the State Surgeon at Camp Mabry, Austin, TX and the purpose of this position is to serve as the full-time health systems representative on all AGR Medical Department (AMEDD) related matters, and to function as a key assistant to the Military Personnel Management Specialist (MPMS) in administering the AGR medical program.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Title 5) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provides policy guidance to unit commanders concerning medical screening/evaluation/initiation of care for AGR personnel. Coordinates medical actions/waivers with the MPMO/State Surgeon/NGB.
- Analyzes information to determine the most efficient/economical means of medical treatment available and the probable course of action, using knowledge of medical terminology and practices. Reviews/analyzes physical examinations to determine if AGR personnel have taken the appropriate physical IAW Department of the Army, to include technical review of diagnostic figures, interpretation of medical terminology, and if any waivers are required.
- Maintains all necessary documentation. Establishes and maintains a program for the civilian medical/dental treatment of AGR personnel, to include nature of treatment, estimated and actual cost of treatment, and submission of billing documents/information for payment.
- Serves as the primary point of contact between AGR personnel and the MTF, MEDDAC, NGB, and civilian sources of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508168800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.