IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of team operations and activities, including oversight of administrative, logistical, and readiness activities.
- Responsible for successful completion of all response operational objectives as assigned by the Incident Response Coordination Team (IRCT) and/or the Emergency Management Group (EMG). S/he may assume an Incident Command System (ICS) or other non-medical role that may or may not be in direct relationship to his/her assigned team.
- Responsible for managing and supervising team employees and ensuring readiness of the required and rostered formation, which may include the organic team, subordinate task force elements, or individual augmentees.
- Responsible for successful completion of all response operational objectives as assigned by the Incident Response Coordination Team (IRCT) and/or the Emergency Management Group (EMG).
- Communicates with team employees on all current NDMS instructions, expectations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with current directives, regulations, and policies, recommends changes, and participates in efforts to refine policies and procedural guidance
Note: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority"
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% International travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508144300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.