A Dental Chief must have knowledge in dentistry to administer dental treatment to include evaluations, prophylaxis, radiographs, dental health education, fluoride treatments, sealants, composite and amalgam restorations, crowns, extracations, some endodontic and simple periodontal procedures. Staff dentist will provide clinical guidance including patient treatment, four-handed dentistry, infection control, OSHA guidelines, x-rays and oral health education.Learn more about this agency
* Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values.
* Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs that effectively drive patient care outcomes.
* Ensure hospital quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
* Recruit physicians and staff in targeted specialty areas, coordinate medical staff participation in new hospital ventures and targets, develop new areas of medical care to offer at hospital.
* Supervise the development of more comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care.
* Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
* Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
* Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
* Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
* Increase revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintain or decrease the effective bad debt rate, achieve the margin percentage, and implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
* Focus on census building efforts and strategic planning.
Permanent Change of Station Expenses are authorized for this position. The Department of Veteran Affairs offers Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station authorization includes the relocation of a household and travel expenses to new location due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. PCS expenses for non-VA employees are limited. For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
Duty Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 4:30
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508086800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.