THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX G4, MATES, and is located in Gatesville, Texas. The purpose of this position is to operate and perform operator maintenance on one or more motor vehicles to transport personnel, supplies, materials or equipment.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Operates primarily straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds and/or truck tractors with semitrailers or full trailers to transport personnel or pick up and deliver supplies, materials or equipment.
- Ensures shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material.
- May perform warehouse work to include issuing receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment.
- May perform a variety of extensive servicing and light maintenance work on assigned vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507982900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.