THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX G4, MATES, & is located in Gatesville, TX. The purpose of this position is to determine, identify & select for issue, items described by users in terms of their intended usage; recommending possible substitutes & interchangeable items; determining when tools and equipment should be routed to appropriate shops for test, repair, or calibration.
As a TOOLS AND PARTS ATTENDANT (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Identifies user's tools, parts, equipment, and requirements and requisitions stock as needed.
- Prepares periodic inventory and determines the basis for over, short, or misplaced items by checking such references as out-for-repair, issue, and turn-in records maintained in the tools and parts room. Compiles reports of use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
- Ensures that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by performing visual and operating checks, taking measurements with such devices as calipers, and receiving reports from users on the nature and extent of damage to tools and equipment.
- Determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled supplies and other material within funding limitations.
- Receives a wide variety of supplies and specialized items requiring special handling. Ensures that received items are properly stored in assigned locations.
- Searches for identifying or management data on items of supply.
- Edits supply transactions, or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and other items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable.
- May assist a Surface Maintenance Mechanic by performing the less complex and more routine helper type duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507968300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.