THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX G4, CSMS 2, and is located in Camp Mabry, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair, and inspections on mounted, towed, and motorized artillery and armored equipment.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a ARTILLERY REPAIRER (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs a wide variety of repair, rebuild, modification, inspection, and testing of self-propelled artillery, towed artillery, turret mounted weapon systems, and associated mechanisms such as loading, firing and recoil mechanisms, turret hydraulic systems, drive controllers, oil gears, oil pumps, elevating and traversing mechanisms, hydraulic systems and simple electrical systems.
- Works on complete artillery pieces or a wide variety of major components, complex assemblies, and systems.
- Traces circuits by referring to schematic diagrams and visually inspects circuits for faulty insulation, poor electrical contacts, and broken or worn electrical components.
- May serve as a commodity inspector during Command Maintenance Management evaluations (COMET) or as a member of a Maintenance Assistance Instruction Team (MAIT).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507966500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.