The salary rate displayed above is for the Rest of the U.S. (RUS) pay rate. Pay rates vary depending on location. See the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/ for additional information on pay rates for specific locations.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is a group vacancy announcement used to fill multiple administrative positions in a variety of units.
See the Additional Information section for specific details for each position regarding tour of duty, transfer of station costs, telework eligibility, bargaining unit status, etc.
Qualified applicants will be referred at the GS-0303-04/05 levels for the following location:
Administrative Support Assistant - Region 4, Boise National Forest, Mountain Home Ranger District in Mountain Home, ID; contact Stephaney Kerley at (208)587-7830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants will be referred at the GS-0303-05 level only for the following locations:
Administrative Support Assistant - Region 1, Custer-Gallatin National Forest, Beartooth Ranger District in Red Lodge, MT; contact Madeleine Kornfield at (406)446-2103 or email@example.com.
Administrative Support Assistant - Region 3, Santa Fe National Forest, Coyote Ranger District, Coyote, NM; contact Michael Engelhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Service Representative - Region 4, Boise National Forest, Idaho City Ranger District in Idaho City, ID; contact Everett Larson at (208)392-3702 or email@example.com.
Administrative Clerk - Region 5, Sequoia National Forest, Western Divide Ranger District in Springville, CA; contact Denise Alonzo at (559)539-2607 ext. 2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Clerk - Region 6, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, Cle Elum Ranger District in Cle Elum, WA; contact Michelle Capp at (509)852-1020 or email@example.com.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
Duties described are at the target level, GS-05. This position provides administrative and clerical support for a variety of functions for the unit with an emphasis on support services to a large resource staff, providing office services, following administrative practices and procedures, carrying out purchasing responsibilities, supporting a busy front desk, and collection officer duties.
The position performs the following duties
- Greets visitors and answers the telephone. Provides routine information and answers many types of inquiries. Refers difficult, technical, or special questions to the appropriate staffs. Uses good host techniques in all contacts.
- Prepare a variety of special use permits in accordance with Forest Service manuals, handbooks and regional guides. Interact with permit holders, internal customers, and Forest users in relation to special use permits on a regular basis. Enters estimates and actual use figures into automated databases for fee computation and calculates fees.
- Manages and maintains multiple databases that integrate with the electronic financial system for issuance of permits, bills for collection, etc.
- Create bills for collection, send and track bills and payments through the automated financial system. Coordinates annual billing and follow-up on delinquent payments based on content of permit, contract, easement, etc.
- Serves as a collection officer and verify that funds have been collected in accordance with Forest Service policy.
- Sells firewood and Christmas tree permits, maps, etc.
- Provides support and assist with a full range of purchasing and procurement needs.
- Processes IAS (Integrated Acquisition System) requisitions.
- Maintain inventory of the Districts accountable property.
- Serves as the Unit's point of contact (POC) for questions and guidance with travel, paycheck, mercury database (electronic correspondence database), and LincPass (employee Security Access Cards).
- Assist with records database management needs.
- Serves as Unit's POC for questions pertaining to temporary and permanent hiring procedures and process and assist forest employees with those processes.
- Maintains electronic and paper files, including Forest Orders and Supplements.
- Processes travel authorizations and vouchers for unit employees, as needed.
- Provides support for electronic timesheet program.
- Provides support for onboarding/off-boarding employees, and with the automated personnel request system, eTracker.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required to attend meetings and training sessions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507963100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.