This position provides end user production support and the overall design, development and integration of core financials and human resources applications.Learn more about this agency
First consideration may be made 14 days after the opening date. Selection will be made at the grade 7 level. This is a career ladder opportunity with promotion potential to grade 12. The selected candidate may be non-competitively promoted to the next higher grade level, up to grade 12, upon the recommendation of the supervisor based on classification requirements, satisfactory performance and qualifications of the employee.
1. Participate in many other aspects of the software development lifecycle: requirements generation, design, code, verification and test, and maintenance, as well as overall integration of software modules and other subsystem components, both commercial and custom.
2. Support frequently requires extensive troubleshooting and research into reports, process, interfaces and data structures, both delivered and customized.
3. Contribute to design of software following SAO Computation Facility (CF) and SI Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) software design standards, applicable vendor’s literature, and established CF practices. Assist with software development interpreting specific software project standards and developing software documentation accordingly, ensuring compliance with applicable standards.
4. Verify and test all generated software and maintain code as part of an overall system.
5. Obtain data necessary to define application and system by working closely with technical and administrative staff.
6. Perform other assignments as required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507953500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.