THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX SAO, Army Aviation Support Facility and is located in Houston, Ellington AFB, Texas. This position performs maintenance, removal, installation, inspection, troubleshooting and testing of aircraft rotor and propeller systems.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a AIRCRAFT PROPELLER MECHANIC (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Tests and troubleshoots aircraft rotor and/or propeller systems using special tools and test equipment. Diagnoses any malfunctions of rotor/propeller systems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs troubleshooting of the powertrain systems using special tools and test equipment, diagnoses any system malfunctions and makes necessary repairs.
- Subjects rotor, propeller, and powertrain parts to a variety of nondestructive testing to identify imperfections not otherwise detected.
- Utilizing power hoists, special slings and balancing equipment, aligns and balances assembled propellers/rotor blades by making appropriate linkage adjustments and by making both chordwise and spanwise weight adjustments to bring blades into true balance.
- After assembly or installation of the blade systems on the aircraft, makes final adjustments to balance, track, eliminate vibrations and ensure proper revolutions per minute (RPM) by checking blade track utilizing special tracking equipment and making weight, trim tab, and control linkage adjustments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507942300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.