The incumbent is the Social Media Editor for the Mandarin Service. He/She is responsible for setting strategy and supervising the implementation of projects, reports and promotion of VOA material by the Social Media Team. This includes creating graphics, videos, photo blogs, quizzes, Facebook Live streams and other material for use on Mandarin and other VOA social media platforms. It also includes improving the overall quality of social reporting by the Mandarin social media team.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sets Mandarin social media strategies and goals, creating social media content and overseeing the team effort to implement those goals by training and managing the team.
- Provides expert guidance and editorial direction for Mandarin social media products and creates new ways to use the platform to meet agency goals.
- Pioneers the use of Chinese social media platforms in creative ways to avoid government censorship and to propagate unbranded VOA content across those networks.
- Integrates social media into television programming in ways that pushes TV audiences to digital platforms.
- Utilizes metrics to assess views and engagement and provides expert analysis about what VOA Mandarin audiences want and react to, suggesting new angles or areas of coverage.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507897000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.