Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Mount Rainier National Park, in the Maintenance Division.
Open to the first 50 applicants or until 08/27/2018 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
This is a career seasonal position (for further information see Duties section).
This position is concurrently open under Announcement Number PW-1545-MORA-18-10280101- MP for merit promotion and LMWFA eligibles.
- Provide administrative support for the Roads, Trails and Auto Shop.
- Coordinates with the division budget technician for finance functions; prepares program documents and records expenditures from purchase documents.
- Provides monthly statements of commitments, obligations and status of funds, with recommendations to supervisor; recommending program adjustments to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepares payroll for employees. Serves as the timekeeper for the division. Reviews time and attendance reports for employees and assures reports are correctly entered into Quicktime.
- Maintains files and training certificates.
- Responsible for program administrative processes for procurement and fleet. Maintains applicable tracking logs, action items, and manages administrative suspense items and transaction records.
- Distributes mail. Serves as authority on postage classification and rates, package requirements, and processing of mail. Provides direction to staff on mail distribution and routing procedures and guidelines.
- Expert on transactions and procedures related to fleet management. Performs supply functions including receiving incoming supplies, material and equipment, checking items against acquisition documents for completeness, and resolving discrepancies with the Contracting Officer or shipping companies.
This position is a permanent career-seasonal position which includes all the benefits of permanent employment, but does not provide employment on a full year-round basis. Selectee will be in a non-pay/non-duty status for at least 2 weeks to 6 months per year based on project requirements or weather conditions. Selectee is guaranteed to work at least 6 months per year but not more than 50 weeks per year, with the work schedule to be determined upon appointment. The typical season begins January through the end of October. Selectee is expected to be in non-pay status from November through December.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507892900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.