THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the TX SAO, Army Aviation Support Facility and is located in San Antonio, Texas. The purpose of this position is to establish, develop, and implement the AASF quality assurance and reliability programs. Serves as the Quality Assurance Representative for the AASF.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develops the AASF Quality Management Plan (QMP) that documents the management and operational policies and procedures to ensure work processes, products, or services satisfy expectations and quality standards.
- Develops quality assessment plans to evaluate and improve quality of maintenance production and work processes.
- Develops local regulations and/or operating instructions for implementation of the quality assurance and reliability program and ensures compliance with procedures.
- Serves as quality assurance authority in the AASF.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise in interpretation of technical manuals (TM), and acts as the authoritative reference on quality methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Manages the Safety-of-Flight (SOF) and Aviation Safety Action Message (ASAM) programs to ensure effective and timely accomplishment.
- Monitors aircraft acceptance/transfer inspections, aircraft configurations, and component time-change requirements.
- Performs equipment inventories; assures proper set up and calibration of electronic weighing apparatus; monitors aircraft weighing operations; verifies instrument readings, resolves weight and balance problems, and certifies weight and balance computations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507709100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.