The U.S. Census Bureau is seeking a highly-motivated and capable executive to serve as the Chief, Demographic Surveys Division (DSD). As the Chief, DSD, you will lead survey data processing, editing, and compilation of data, development of survey programming and processing procedures for compilation of special and ongoing surveys. You will also develop Information Technology (IT) standards and provide leadership and oversight on IT issues to the entire Demographic Directorate.
This position is a Senior Executive Service (SES) career-reserved position. Positions in the SES are not graded. SES pay is commensurate with qualifications. SES employees are eligible for bonuses and awards based on performance. Veteran's preference is not applicable to SES.Learn more about this agency
As the Chief, Demographic Surveys Division, you will:
- lead survey data processing, editing, and compilation of data for the labor force, employment, and unemployment statistics program of the Current Population Survey (CPS) conducted jointly with the Department of Labor (DOL), the Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), as well as a number of surveys sponsored by other Federal agencies.
- develop survey programming and processing procedures for compilation of special and ongoing surveys
- support the conduct of experimental studies on concepts, questions, and procedures for census and current statistics planning purposes, evaluate the feasibility and appropriateness of proposed demographic surveys, and advise on concepts, definitions, collection and compilation techniques, presentation devices, limitations of data, etc.,
- provide leadership in planning, designing, implementing, and testing the Demographic Directorate’s IT programs, including: determining key tasks for each phase of the software development life cycle; identifying management, operational, and technical safeguards for information systems; integrating security controls in each phase of the system development process; conducting and guiding IT Security related issues in the Directorate and serving as the primary contact to the Census Bureau’s IT Security Office
- provide leadership in contracting for IT resources and services; define IT policies and procedures to achieve better management and software development approaches for the Directorate; and identify and deploy new or enhanced technologies to improve cost, timeliness, and quality.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required to attend or present at meetings and conferences on topics relevant to the U.S. Census Bureau's mission.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from all qualified U.S. Citizens. Join the U.S. Census Bureau where we are looking for diverse, innovative thinkers. Embark on a new career that is challenging and exciting!
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507645700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.