ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS: This is a Work at Home (WAH) position working primarily in and around the Beckley, WV area. The Duty Station will be the selectee's home address.Learn more about this agency
In order to be considered, applicants MUST RESIDE in one of the following counties: Raleigh, Fayette, Mercer CO WV.
The Partnership Specialist is responsible for developing partnerships with tribal, state and local governments; community-based organizations, faith-based groups; schools; media outlets; businesses; and other grassroots entities in communities within their assigned areas. The ideal candidate sought for the position of Partnership Specialist would have deep ties to and in-depth knowledge of the community in which the position is located. Ideally they would be involved with community organizations in an effort to develop professional partnerships/connections with community leaders, professionals and centers of influence at all levels.
This is a temporary promotion opportunity not-to-exceed (NTE) 2 years. This position may be extended or terminated earlier at management's discretion. At the conclusion of the temporary promotion, the employee will return to their position of record (please refer to the "Note" in Who May Apply regarding return rights).
A trial period may be required.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Plan, develop, and coordinate the partnership agreements to ensure activities all levels are carried out, resolves problems encountered, and determines the need for renegotiation.
- Addresses questions, concerns and issues related to current and potential partners and stakeholders.
- Establish partnership agreements with federal, state local, and tribal governments, and/or local businesses and community groups to develop specific strategies to eliminate enumeration barriers in specific regions in support of the Decennial Census.
- Develop presentations, give briefings, conduct meetings and promote partnerships with various governments, local businesses and community groups.
50% or less - Position requires approximately 25% local and 25% overnight travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current or Former Federal Government Employee on:
- Excepted or
- Competitive Service Appointments
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507544000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.