This position is located at the 147th AMX SQ, Ellington AFB, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, align, calibrate, and rebuild multi-system avionics complexes consisting of multiple completely integrated electronic avionics systems where the complex accomplishes a number of major functions. This position also involves remotely piloted avionics specialist maintenance section duties.Learn more about this agency
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic (Target Grade WG-13)
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on one or more multi-complex electronic integrated systems.
- Reviews and analyzes maintenance data; determines if criteria are sufficient to provide adequate test, troubleshooting and repair procedures; devises and recommends tests, procedural changes, or data corrections.
- Troubleshoots operational malfunctions and analyzes system performance utilizing aircrew debrief data, Technical Orders, schematic and wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, data analysis, common and system-specific test equipment and built in system tests.
- Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary.
- May upload and download chaff/flare dispensers.
- May be required to perform additional duties such as structural fire-fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507503800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.