The BLM seeks a dynamic and energetic student to join the Royal Gorge Field Office to gain valuable work experience as a Student Trainee (Park Ranger) in support of the BLM, Colorado State Office, Royal Gorge Field Office.Learn more about this agency
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit Our website.
This position is for students accepted for enrollment or are currently enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an accredited high school, technical or vocation school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, graduate or professional school, on a full- or half-time basis (as defined by the academic institution in which the student is enrolled).
This is a career development, excepted service appointment under the BLM Pathways Internship Program that is expected to last more than 1 year. The BLM will require the selected applicant to complete a Participant Agreement in which the selectee must provide an anticipated date for completing all degree program requirements, and show continual progression toward meeting the stated anticipated date.
The agency may noncompetitively convert a Career/Indefinite Intern who is a U. S. citizen to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service, as long as the Intern meets all agency program requirements and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for the target occupational series at time of completing all education requirements.
This position is locted in Canon City, Colorado. Information about Canyon City can be found at the Canon City website.
* Assists in advising visitors concerning safety, fire prevention, amenities available, and proper and authorized use of recreational facilities.
* Assists in patrolling and inspecting facilites and aids in ensuring compliance with rules and regulations pertaining to parking, campfires, noise level, sanitation, and safety; bringing problems to supervisor or higher graded employee for resolution.
* Assists in developing and conducting interpretive talks and guided tour programs.
* Assists in gathering and analyzing data related to existing recreational resources to recognize prominent trends.
* Assists in the preparation of recration areas for visitor use, to include planning, operation, fee collection, and required maintenance.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All students who are accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507461600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.