Develops linkages with parents, School Liaison Officer, other CYS Program Associates (such as working in the technology lab), and volunteer tutors to ensure homework center is fully integrated into all applicable program settings. Works cooperatively with trainer and supervisor to create a program setting that provides areas, materials and methods for different styles of learning i.e., auditory, visual, etc. as well as desks/tables, soft areas, small individual as well as large group space.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the operation of the Child and Youth Services (CYS) Homework Center in accordance with applicable regulations.
- As part of the on ratio staff, provides assistance to participants in strengthening their academic and learning skills, particularly in the areas of math, science, and English language (communication) skills.
- Works with Youth Education Support Services staff to develop and implement a comprehensive program to assist students in the completion of daily homework assignments, reinforce existing and develop new skills.
- Positively support children through recognition of their efforts.
- Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards.
- Makes suggestions to supervisor to on materials/equipment to extend learning opportunities beyond homework to include items such as dictionaries and other reference books, globes, maps, calculators, etc.
- Keeps abreast of school curriculum and supports school teacher/classroom initiatives.
- Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children/youth.
- Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements.
- Models appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth.
- Recommends changes and adjustments where necessary to activities and plans to meet unusual situations associated with the needs of individual children and youth.
- Observes participants' progress in homework center.
- Continually reviews activities and plans for appropriateness.
- Observes a program participant for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed.
- Participates in conferences with parents, program staff, and school representatives.
- Plans and conducts activities for parents encouraging parents to become involved.
- Works with senior staff to provide instruction and training to lower level employees on working in the homework center.
- Provides input to CYS training plan based on observed training needs.
- Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507455000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.