These Management and Program Analysts conduct research and perform analysis on data and matters related to current and future policy and operations within NCA with the objective of enabling enhanced service delivery and operational efficiency. The incumbents are tasked with overseeing and managing the activities and are responsible for keeping stakeholders and NCA senior leaders informed at all steps of progress for each assigned projects and/or programs.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is a recognized expert in the full scope of program and project management and data analysis, and usually works independently. The incumbent is expected to make independent decisions about the appropriate allocation of time and effort to individual and collaborative projects and to keep the Director, Policy and Planning Service informed should there be any issues or failure of the plan or plans that leads to a failure in execution according to established timelines. The incumbent is also responsible for advising and assisting NCA staff, managers and senior leaders with initiative planning, budgeting and control mechanisms. The incumbent participates in and contributes significantly to the management decision-making process through teamwork, innovation and coordination within and external to NCA to ensure goals are met within the office and the Administration. The incumbent must also be familiar with policies and procedures and the importance of maintaining and enhancing relationships with the responsible program offices, internal and external to NCA, who are stakeholders of each of the operating plans.
Specific ways that the position supports the Policy and Planning Service and NCA Major Initiatives include:
- Recommending shared resource levels across all projects administered by NCA
- Identifying and developing project management methodology and best practices and standard
- Monitoring compliance with project management standards, policies, procedures, and templates via project audits
- Developing and managing project policies, procedures, templates, and other shared documentation
- Coordinating communication across all initiatives and subordinate projects
- Maintaining accurate and current mechanisms to monitor the status of implementation objectives, agreed upon actions and identification of potential deficiencies.
Work schedule: Required to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Management & Program Analyst/758186
The full performance level of this position is GS-14.
Relocation Expenses: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507350100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.