At NSF, you will use your Student Trainee (Administrative) expertise in an exciting, challenging, and team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to use your current skills to help make NSF's vision of the future become a reality. NSF also offers a variety of formal and informal learning and development opportunities that you can use to build new skills and advance your career. If you're seeking variety and challenge in a collegial atmosphere, look no further than NSF! More about NSF.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Programs. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
This announcement is for a Student Trainee (Administrative)
Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Students can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
- Students typically work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, winter, and spring vacations.
- Students will be on indefinite appointments during their period of eligibility under the Internship Program.
- Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
- The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
- Applicants must have at least one year remaining in their required coursework for completion of their degree.
- Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is NOT guaranteed. The Intern’s eligibility for conversion does NOT guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
**Non-Citizens may apply, but must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. However, non-citizens may NOT be converted to competitive service appointments.**
*This is a re-posting of announcement NSF-2018-0019. Applicants must re-apply for consideration*Learn more about this agency
Our Student Trainees (Administrative) are clerical positions. They provide support to National Science Foundation scientists and administrators who promote and fund the best possible awards through grants. These positions can be your first step into a fulfilling career at NSF. As a Student Trainee (Administrative) you will:
- Type a variety of documents
- Enter data
- Sort and distribute mail
- Maintain files
- Assist office visitors and callers
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507312400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.