This position is located in the National Cemetery Administration, Office of Engagement and Memorial Innovations (EMI) in Washington, DC.. This new office is aligned under the Office of the Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs and reports to the Executive Director, Office of Engagement and Memorial Innovation providing leadership, guidance and direction to all aspects of the Legacy Program, Strategic Communications, Partnerships, Digital Services, and History Program for all of NCA.Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Director, EMI is an integral part of NCA's leadership team and works to formulate, direct, and oversee the management and implementation of key program offices which play a critical role in informing NCA staff, Veterans, stakeholders, and the public of the overwhelming positive activities of today's VA National Cemetery Administration.
- Serves as an advisor to NCA on matters relating to the Legacy Program, Strategic Communications, Outreach and Partnerships, Digital Services, and History Program. Directly supervises managers or team leads who administer these programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of education and partnership programs online and in the national cemeteries. Education programs include: local, national, and international audiences through visitor orientation, lectures, conferences, school programs, social media, and educational perspectives in exhibitions and programs.
- Directs and is responsible for all aspects of the aforementioned program areas, including planning, evaluation, advisory, training, consultative, and reporting functions for the organization.
- Represents and speaks for the Executive Director, Office of Engagement and Memorial Innovations at a variety of meeting and conferences with authority to commit NCA to public engagement and education programs and courses of action.
- Coordinates the policies, plans, and operational approaches designed to most effectively carry out all aspects of EMI with other organizational elements outside the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Provides advice, guidance, and support to NCA Central Office, District Offices, and National Cemeteries regarding education, history, legacy, and digital service strategies.
- The incumbent formulates annual and long-term budget requests and implements recommendations regarding budget allocation, staffing, and program implementation.
- Analyzes new or amended legislation, and develops policy covering programs, activities, or functions for the Office of Engagement and Memorial Innovations.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Program Specialist/722197
The full performance level of this position is GS-15.
Relocation Expenses: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507242300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.