About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Emergency Services, Fort Sill Oklahoma. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Department of the Army Civilian Police (DACP) Officer performing duties on a variety of fixed and mobile posts and enforces safety regulations as necessary to enforce Federal laws.
- Conducts law enforcement duties at interior and exterior gates, assures proper Identification of all pedestrians or motor traffic, clears visitors, and maintains prescribed records.
- Performs patrol duties alone and takes action based upon knowledge of laws, statutes, and procedures.
- Searches or detains and arranges for search and interrogation of suspects.
- Recognizes, collects, preserves, and marks evidence for use in investigations and prosecutions.
- Writes or presents oral reports of incidents and may be required to testify in court.
- Maintains firearms and other issued equipment in good working order and condition at all times.
- Employee participates in regularly scheduled training in the techniques of first aid, sabotage, disorder, riot, disaster, and counter-terrorism.
- Conducts search of persons and vehicles entering or leaving the installation as directed or when probable cause exists.
- Maintains traffic control at shift changes, enforces traffic regulations controls.
- Reroutes traffic in emergency situations, issues warning, tickets or summons, apprehends violators, obtains facts, and prepares statements concerning accidents or violations.
- Employee operates a military vehicle in the regular performance of duties, performs operator maintenance on vehicle, and maintains the cleanliness of weapons and equipment.
- Serves on permanent or rotating shifts at fixed access control points (ACP), or vehicle patrols assigned to a specific area.
- responsible to ensure security of access to installation, buildings, and areas within the installation, in order to protect critical property.
- Employee maintains vigilance against acts of sabotage, espionage, theft, violence, and infractions of rules; patrols assigned areas; sits/stands at assigned posts; and issues passes to visitors who are properly identified.
- The employee encounters a variety of problems involving military and civilian members who works on the installation.
- Employee must be able to investigate the problems and come up with workable solutions within established guidelines.
- May be required to perform Desk Sergeant/Dispatch responsibilities.
- Required to evaluate the situation and determine degree of severity of the incident or accident and to be able to dispatch appropriately qualified team (experience and/or special training) to investigate and/or to lend assistance as appropriate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507195200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.