Who may apply: Current Permanent DFAS Agency Employees OnlyLearn more about this agency
- Serves as a senior specialist with responsibility for the daily effective operation of one or more critical financial systems including identifying problems, needed enhancements, and or system changes based.
- Analyzes data requirements for the enhancement of automated financial management systems. Works with all information sources to improve system performance and reliability through the development of databases and micro-applications.
- Reviews operational capabilities; provides comments and recommendations for proposed changes. Prepares System Change Requests; develops documentation required for configuration control board/configuration management information system overview.
- Establishes conditions and requirements for systems tests, assembles project of functional users, establishes project requirements and timetables; provides technical advice and assistance to team members for the interpretation of system controls.
- Researches, analyzes, resolves daily system problems related to system interface, database management, processing cycles. Provides technical advice determining the extent of the system problem, potential solutions, required action for resolution.
- Oversees project teams of financial systems specialists to accomplish larger scale reviews, system changes, testing, implementation; advises supervisors/senior managers on major system issues, associated risks, functional impact, data integrity.
Occasional travel - The travel requirement for this position is 15% or less.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507113300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.