The Defense Human Resources Activity's (DHRA) mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the Department of Defense (DoD) Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive and provide management information, research and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.Learn more about this agency
As a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) at the GS-2210-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Performing a wide variety of duties related to all areas of cybersecurity, to include information assurance, policy requirements, DHRA cybersecurity compliance reporting, vulnerability management, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and cloud computing familiarization.
- Applying Information Technology (IT) security principles, methods, and products to protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and accountability of information system resources and information processed throughout the system's life cycle.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the DHRA Cybersecurity program.
- Leading and/or participating in security risk and requirements analysis assessments assisting project managers and web masters in identifying potential security risks and vulnerabilities in the systems, networks and web sites
- Identifying and analyzing threats and vulnerabilities to the information systems to maintain an appropriate level of protection
- Providing expert technical guidance and assistance the DHRA community in formulation and implementation of cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Managing system security requirements utilizing National Institute of Standards and technology (NIST) continuous monitoring standards, Risk Management Framework (RMF) critical security controls and counter measures based on risk assessments of business systems
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507110500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.