Salary: $61,084 (Step 01) to $79,410 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum;
- Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty; however, eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which the degree or certificate was obtained. The date of release or discharge from active duty should be later than the date the degree or certificate was obtained.
As a Geologist with the USGS Science Publishing Network, some of your specific duties will include:
- Reviewing drafts of maps and accompanying texts, illustrations, structure sections, explanations, and tables for technical accuracy, clarity, and format.
- Reviewing, editing and revising geologic map manuscripts and scientific text manuscripts for publication.
- Advising scientists and their representatives on appropriate publication mediums for presenting the results of scientific work; planning of thematic maps and illustrations; designing the layout of maps or illustrations as well as accuracy of formatting against accepted cartographic standards.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel up to 1-2 nights per month may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens that meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Recent Graduates Program as described under "Eligibility Requirements."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507084700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.