About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
This position is located with the US Army Garrison-Kwajalein Atoll Resource Management Office. See https://www.army.mil/kwajalein
You will serve as a Garrison Resource Management Officer with authority and responsibility to direct, coordinate, and provide advice and assistance to the Garrison Commander and staff for resource management activities. Your duties will be, but are not limited to the following;
- Serve as principal advisor and technical expert to the commander and key staff members on financial management activities.
- Provide oversight regarding fiscal policy and law, program objective memorandum input, risk analysis, internal management controls, civilian pay issues, installation bank and credit union activities, budget and program matter.
- Advise, justify, defend and brief resource strategy and status to Garrison Commander, Deputy Garrison Commander, Regional Office, Congressional Staff and other senior leaders.
- Serve as liaison with installation resource managers regarding resource matters to transmit and implement resource program polices and requirements.
- Recommend policies, plans and courses of action affecting the Garrison resource management functions.
- Serve as a member and advisor to a program advisory committee.
- Plan basic concepts and policies of financial management in long and short range administrative operational plans.
- Investigate and resolve crucial funding problems, policy issues, and program elements affective resource management functions.
- Provide leadership, direction and coordination to the Garrison resource management program and activities.
- Plan, direct, and evaluates work of administrative, technical and clerical employees engaged in these functions.
- Provide oversight for design and monitoring the implementation of integrated automated management information systems that include budgetary/accounting, costing, travel, programming budgeting and manpower information.
- Through subordinate supervisors and/or functional leaders, assigns, directs, and evaluates work of the budget and manpower divisions.
Occasional travel - 10% Travel may be required for official duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507074500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.