This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may be multiple vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the excepted service and does not confer competitive status.
- Provide computer engineering technical expertise in sensor system application software, infrastructure software and computer processing components, and peripheral hardware engineering in support of the airborne sensor system research, development, test and evaluation, production and operation activities.
- Recommend approaches to resolve problems that affect major weapon systems requirements, functionality, performance or usability using credible and comprehensive system engineering methods and practices.
- Support system software acquisition tasks through the preparation and review of software-centric documents to include Software Requirements Document, Software Description Document, Software Development Plan, Software Interface Requirements, and Software Test Plans and Procedures.
- Conduct software in-process reviews and technical interchange meetings in support of assessing compliance with approved processes, product quality standards and project requirements. Monitor software metrics (schedule, cost, technical) and exercise sound judgment concerning the accuracy, completeness and risk associated with these data.
- Prepare and review documents which support acquisition activities that include but not limited to System Performance Specification, Statement of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL), Engineering Change Proposals, Earned Value Management (EVM) reports and Interface Design Documents.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506848700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.