You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations/Labor Relations) and be responsible for delivering expert advice and counseling in the areas of complex conduct and discipline issues; grievances and appeals; adverse actions; and labor relations.
You will prepare disciplinary and adverse actions, performance-based actions and other management-initiated non-disciplinary actions, conduct investigations into employee allegations of misconduct and harassment, serve as a technical advisor on all aspects of employee/labor relations and prepare and provide required correspondence/information/ documentation for case preparation involving third-party review.
The ideal candidate has expert level knowledge of HR practices, laws, regulations, policies to provide advice and resolve the full range of complex and wide impacting employee and labor relations operational problems. The applicant must have excellent written, verbal and analytical skills, work collaboratively with others and have experience serving as an advisor to all levels of management on employee and labor relations issues.
PLEASE NOTE: Two writing samples will be requested from applicants that are selected for an interview. Candidates will be given a topic to use to draft a writing sample.
TELEWORK: This position is eligible for Ad hoc or Emergency telework. This position is NOT a full-time telework position and you will be required to work from the Headquarters’ Office in Washington, DC.
Learn more about this agency
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for this location.
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will:
- Provide expert advice and counseling in the areas of conduct and discipline, grievances, appeals, adverse actions, merit system principles, and prohibited personnel practices.
- Develop reprimands, suspensions, removal notices, leave restriction letters, management responses to grievances, and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Research and analyze case law and federal regulations.
- Devise case strategies and make recommendations for resolution.
- Respond to information requests submitted by the union and other interested parties.
- Provide expert advice on labor-management relations matters, i.e., alternative dispute resolution, unfair labor practice complaints, and arbitration of grievances.
- Investigate and develop responses to allegations of unfair labor practices.
- Conduct mid-term and term bargaining with the union
- Develop and delivers presentations on HR matters before broad audiences.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, guidelines, etc.
- Provide advice in the area of leave administration.
This position requires excellent writing and analytical skills.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506803500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.