THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN AMENDED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATELearn more about this agency
This position is located in the Persian News Network (PNN) of the Voice of America. Incumbent is assigned to the Central News and Production Unit (CNPU) within PNN. He or she may be assigned to work on any program being broadcast by PNN. Serves as a Producer responsible for the flawless on-air execution of live Persian television programs, including the production of high quality packages.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Creates a rundown, times the segments, and line produces live or taped shows. Ensures that all the production elements, packages, graphics and chyrons in the show are accurate and shown in order.
- Coordinates production elements in a timely fashion. Assigns writer producers and segment producers to edit rooms. Coordinates the incoming daily tape feeds.
- Must be precise and comprehensive in communicating vital program/production information, e.g. satellite placement, requests for live and taped studio facilities and crews, and coordination with set and graphic designers as well as technical and show directors, and the language versioning staff.
- Works closely with the Executive Producers and Managing Editors to provide input and advice as to the best format or method to achieve the program objectives.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of TV and radio programming in the marketplace. Regularly reviews programming and advises on aesthetic look and quality of television packages.
- When required, may be assigned to field produce shoots and turn around to edit news and feature packages (ADOBE PREMIERE). Responsible for directing an on-location production when required, along with communicating the report/segments with the on-air talent and including performing editorial research.
- Edits (technical) highly targeted, in-depth original news stories in different formats: TV packages, intros, VO's, VOSOT's- for TV program. Subjects covered may include international affairs, politics, economics, cultural affairs, scientific developments, and health issues on a national and international level.
- As assigned, conducts pre-interviews for guest appearances and does extensive research prior to the interview to ensure they are as informative as possible, accurate, balanced, and in a comprehensive manner.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506676500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.