About the Position: You will serve as a Management Analyst in the U.S. Army Records Management and Declassification Agency's (RMDA), Joint Records Research Center (JSRRC) Office. As a team member, you will be responsible for special records management projects and programs governing the rights and interests of military service members and their families.Learn more about this agency
- Assist in the planning and execution of programs for the evaluation, analysis, and appraisal of a large volume of stored records for the purpose of reconstructing activities of units and individuals who were exposed to, or affected by, Agent Orange, other herbicides, tropical diseases, and insecticides and activities of individuals who have been affected by Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Assist with the execution of a systematic fact finding program for the retrieval of military records concerning the exposure to Agent Orange and other chemicals and PTSD stressors, by US military service members.
- Evaluate, coordinates, and prepares responses to special reference requests for records, portions of which are maintained in Federal Records Centers.
- Ensure timeliness of reply for correspondence as required under 5 USC 552 (Freedom of Information Act), EO 11652.
- Visit other activities, such as Federal Archive Records Centers: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington National Records Center (WNRC) in Suitland, Maryland; Washington Navy Yard Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC); and Office of Air Force History, Bolling Air Force Base, to locate documents and arrange for records research review.
- Coordinate with records personnel in researching requested materials, which may include Advanced Research Project Activity Reports, General Orders, Organizational Unit Histories, Operational Reports-Lessons Learned, Combat Operations Reports, and Retired Morning Reports.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506630700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.