This position is located in the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), Appeals Management Office (AMO) and reports to the Supervisory Program Analyst of the Program Administration, AMO. The Appeals Management Office is responsible for the development of policy, procedures, training, operations and oversight of the delivery of VA appeals processing nationwide.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a senior specialist and high level advisor to the Supervisory Program Analyst and is the primary point of contact on national appeals program management, administration, and coordination matters.
- Is the Subject Matter Expert on appeals policy, procedures, budget, executive correspondence management, and other appeals program matters.
- Evaluates appeals processes and serves as senior management analyst for nationwide studies and projects with significant organizational changes.
- Plans, organizes and directs team study work to negotiate effectively with management in order to implement recommendations where the proposals involve substantial agency resources, require extensive changes in established procedures or may be in conflict with the desires of the activity studied.
- Evaluates the content of new or amended legislation for projected impact upon the agency's appeals program and resources.
- Ensures that resources brought to bear on assigned issues and problems are sufficient to formulate timely and effective solutions.
- Analyzes management techniques and administers appeals policy, procedures, training and quality assurance programs for improved organizational effectiveness.
- Analyzes VBA's appeals program nationwide to determine whether current management systems efficiently accomplish objectives sought and whether they provide controls necessary for sound management.
- Responsible for the formulation and promulgation of appeals policies and procedures, to include the AMO's legislative and rule-making activities, guidance documents, and other instructions intended to ensure appeals program compliance and integrity.
Work Schedule: 8 - 4:30, Monday though Friday
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: May be authorized at the discretion of the supervisor.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 37720A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506500700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.