The Center has an opening in its Education Division for a program coordinator. Under the direction of the designated assistant division director, program coordinators are responsible for the financial, administrative, technical, and support functions associated with various educational programs. Program coordinator positions require overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates closely with the designated assistant division director on program planning and budget management (projection, adjustments, reporting) and with education specialists/education attorneys in the administration and support of specific programs and meetings.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions to support face-to-face and distance-learning programs, integrating technology as appropriate. Assignments include preparing and disseminating correspondence, preparing forms and financial documents, maintaining databases, maintaining office files, routing paperwork, scheduling and assisting with web conferences, preparing meeting rooms, and working with vendors to organize and book transportation and arrange catering, off-site tours, and technical support.
- Assists in ensuring that all meeting arrangements are satisfactory and complete. For face-to-face programs, incumbent participates in site research and analysis, cost comparisons, and selection as well as coordinating with hotel or other host staff concerning administrative and financial matters. Incumbent remains on-site during programs to assist faculty and staff, troubleshoot problems, and provide other logistical and administrative support as needed.
- When distance-learning technology is used for synchronous sessions, incumbent assists with technical arrangements, arranges appropriate technical support from the Information Technology Office, and coordinates with faculty and participants. Schedules and produces web conferences using appropriate technology, such as Adobe Connect or others. Coordinates with staff and faculty regarding web conference materials (videos, slides, documents, etc.) and communicates format requirements for all materials. Arranges and facilitates practice session(s) prior to the live program to ensure technical stability, clarify roles, and coordinate participant interactivity with staff and faculty. Tracks web conference participation and disseminates web conference recordings.
- When distance-learning technology is used for asynchronous programs, incumbent assists with set-up and maintenance of program site on appropriate platform (e.g., Blackboard or Adobe Connect), uploads course materials, troubleshoots problems, and assists users, exercising judgment about which matters to handle personally and which ones to refer to other staff.
Occasional travel - Program coordinator positions require overnight travel for periods of up to a week at a time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506159700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.