This position is located in a Department of Veterans Affairs, Appeals Management Office, Appeals Resource Center. The Authorization Quality Review Specialist is an integral part of the ARC's quality assurance program, and is a key technical adviser to the Veterans Service Representatives (VSRs), in the AMO. The purpose of this position is to measure individual performance quality as well as identify training needs through the review and assessment of completed compensation and pension claims.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs individual quality reviews to determine the authorization quality level of individual VSRs for purposes of individual performance standards in accordance with an established monthly schedule.
- Conducts focused "in-process reviews" for cases to determine the accuracy of claims action taken. (Such reviews are for station-level feedback and improvement only, not used for individual performance standard purposes.)
- Responsible for sharing authorization quality trend information with management on an ongoing basis and with the VSRs during training sessions.
- Reviews products or activities for quality of performance and enters the results into the on-line STAR checklists.
- Evaluates and identifies deficiencies of all elements of a claim from evidence development, income and dependency issues, to award processing and authorization. Provides an explanation of errors and includes comments where attention is warranted.
- Prepares STAR data reports and provides to personnel in the regional office who are authorized to request and receive such reports.
- Develops various quality assurance processes with emphasis on work procedures and techniques that address unique work conditions and practices.
- Ensures all program requirements imposed by Compensation Service and/or the Pension and Fiduciary Service and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims are met or implemented.
This a Bargaining Position.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: PD#37136A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506137300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.