This position is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, FUELS, and is in Kelly AFB, Texas. This Position is responsible for inspection, repair and maintenance of aircraft fuel cells, water injection, entidetonant (ADI), and inflight refueling systems.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit or contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard.Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: E-1/AB through E-7/MSgt
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
As an AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Utilizing electrical wiring diagrams, blueprints, schematics and technical publications, determines extent and type of preventative and/or repair maintenance required.
- Connects power sources, and using cockpit controls, gauges and additional precision instruments, performs operational and functional checks of inflight refueling, single point refueling and fuel transfer systems and related valves, pumps, switches, selectors, and control devices.
- Performs leak check of aircraft fuel systems by visual inspection or by removal of panels and dye tracing fuel leaks.
- Diagnoses and overhauls fuel accessories by disassembling, cleaning, and examining parts for corrosion, scratches, cracks or other damage.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, IG, and DE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506017300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.