About the Position: U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, GALVESTON DISTRICT, ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION DIVISION, SEVERAL LOCATIONSLearn more about this agency
NOTE: THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WILL BE OPEN FROM JULY 20, 2018 TO JULY 19, 2019. REFERRALS TO BE ISSUED AT MANAGEMENT REQUEST.
SALARY FOR (HOU): GALVESTON, TX, HOUSTON, TX $83,787.00 TO $108,923
SALARY FOR (RUS): POST ISABEL, CORPUS CHRISTI, MCALLEN, PHARR AND PORT ARTHUR, TX
$73,375.00 TO $95,388.00
- As a Civil Engineer you will be responsible for the performance of office engineering assignments in connection with activities under the Resident Office.
- The construction program will encompass a variety of vertical construction work and civil work projects,
- This will include but not limited to asphalt and concrete paving, administrative buildings, dredging, levees, new government facilities, rehabilitation to existing facilities, and related support utilities and infrastructure.
- Review and analyze proposals submitted by contractors, and installation personnel. And analyze cost proposals from contractors.
- Conduct negotiations and document as necessary to arrive at fair and equitable pricing and to protect the interests of the government.
- Assure adequate funding is available and has been committed and prepare final contract modification documents for signature.
- Monitor funds available on contracts and contract line items and advise project personnel on same.
- Maintain familiarity with contract requirements and District policies related to contractor payroll and insurance requirements and provide guidance and assistance to others in the administration and oversight of these contract requirements
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505671700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.