The position is located in the digital pre-press area of the Photoengraving Section, Office of Engraving. The Photoengraver focuses on digital pre-press production as related to United States currency production and the BEP’s Miscellaneous Products program. The Photoengraver applies and practices techniques and procedures using a variety of electronic publishing software applications, hardware and conventional methods and skills to ensure that the products generated are of the highest quality and are produced in the most efficient manner. The Photoengraver is responsible to perform these duties while ensuring that his/her work area is maintained and meets the BEP’s safety requirements.Learn more about this agency
As a Photoengraver (Electronic Pre-Press), you will:
- Apply digital techniques to generate completed pre-press assignments using electronic publishing software and hardware.
- Perform work on production assignments in compliance with existing workflow and production procedures. Assist fellow Photoengravers with projects and training as needed.
- Provide input regarding the status of production assignments by means of the job tracking system.
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment within the digital pre-press area. Keep the Photoengraver Supervisor advised of any problems or needs.
- Assist the Photoengraver Supervisor in determining the needs of the digital pre-press area in terms of machinery, equipment, software, supplies, etc
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 18-BEP-113. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505599400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.