This position is part of the TX USPFO, USPFO, and is located in Austin, Camp Mabry, Texas. The purpose of this position is to oversee one or more product lines, a segment of a large warehouse, or serve as the senior employee in a smaller warehouse or supply facility.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit or contact a Texas Army National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Army National Guard.Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Rank Spread: E-1/PVT through E-7/SFC
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Compressed Work Schedule: 4-10 TUES through FRI 0630-1700
- Indefinite position which may convert to Permanent at a later date without further competition.
As a MATERIALS HANDLER with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs a full range of warehousing activities to include receiving, storing, selecting and shipping bulk and bin materials and equipment.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing shipments and placement of materials within docking area.
- Prepares inventory and production reports, screens and identifies shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and directs shipments to shipping or storage areas.
- Identifies, examines, classifies, accepts and disposes of a wide variety of materials and property including electronic equipment, aircraft and automotive components and assemblies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505520900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.