That's why we created the Technical Career Field (TCF) Program - one of the largest training programs at VA. TCF positions equip professionals with the specialized knowledge they need to support the delivery of quality health care for our Nation's veterans.Learn more about this agency
The Technical Career Field (TCF) is a national workforce development program within VHA that was designed to replenish technical staff in critically identified positions.
The TCF career fields represent those technical fields where VA-specific knowledge and experience is desirable for success in the field. Individuals selected follow a formal training plan for two years during which they are trained, coached, and supervised by a preceptor. Preceptors are selected annually, through an extensive application process, for their technical expertise, their commitment to training and the suitability of their facility as a training location. *Selectees will be required to sign Mobility, Training, and Continued Service Agreements.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-11. At the GS-05, GS-07 and GS-09 grade levels, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-11. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
This position is located within the Finance Service at the VA Central Western MA Healthcare System, Leeds, MA. As an operating accountant you will be responsible for the detailed and efficient operation and control of day-to-day fiscal activities at the medical center.
- Utilizes a computerized double-entry method of recording transactions in accounts, which are maintained on the accrual basis.
- Provide management with valuable information such as (1) a basis for financial planning (2) data for evaluating performance, (3) the cost of carrying out responsibilities, and (4) the status of financial condition and results of operations.
- Provides analysis and technical expertise for accounting matters to the chief, accountant, Fiscal Officer, and upper management.
- Responsible for the completion of miscellaneous or special assignments from local management as well as VISN and/or VACO financial management.
- Initiates, leads, and/or participates in special studies or reviews of accounting operations and prepares reports, automated systems changes and/or standard operating procedures based on study results.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505281400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.