Earth Day is every day at EPA! At EPA, you can protect human health and the environment of all Americans, and you’ll discover that EPA is one great place to work! We offer great benefits and work flexibilities, and our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career--we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. Find yourself at EPA.
These positions are located in Region III, Environmental Assessment and Innovation Division, Office of Analytical Services and Quality Assurance, Laboratory Branch in Fort Meade, Maryland. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-3-mid-atlantic
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
Except in special circumstances, those new to the federal government will be hired at the starting salary (step 1) of the applicable grade range listed above.
One or more positions may be filled.Learn more about this agency
- Analyze routine and non-routine environmental samples for the determination of microbiological contaminants and biological parameters;
- Develop, modify, and validate analytical methods;
- Develop, implement, and adhere to Laboratory Quality Control system requirements;
- Provide technical expertise, assistance, and advice based on the analysis of environmental samples;
- Interpret and evaluate data to determine its significance, and communicate findings orally and in written reports.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505219200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.