This is the position of IT Specialist (Full Stack Developer) in the NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) Project, High Energy Astrophysics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include:
- Function as part of a team to develop functionality for the ADS UI and its REST API
- Ensure the usability and accessibility of all ADS’s front-end applications
- Collaborate with other team members in developing new and enhancing existing API services
- Perform other duties as may be required
In addition to the duties above duties at the grade 12 may include but are not limited to:
6. Design and implement new functionality for the ADS UI and its REST API
In addition to the duties above duties at the grade 13 may include but are not limited to:
8. Interface with the astronomical community to ensure that the ADS remains at the cutting edge of software design and technology. This involves presentations of the ADS and the technologies that were developed at national and international meetings. Personal contacts during these presentation and meetings are essential in staying informed about the latest technology developments.
Occasional travel - To attend meetings
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505201800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.