About the Position: This position is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), with the Directorate for Resource Management, Department of Cost Analysis & Program Evaluation located in Bethesda, MD. The position is located in an office, is rather sedentary, however you will need to walk to main hospital to meet with clients.Learn more about this agency
This position works day shift hours. Regularly scheduled and situational telework may be available.
- Work involves local instructions and guidelines, developing and implementing templates, recommending methods of data collection, reviewing all data submitted for accuracy, data input, and interpretation/analysis of data output.
- Develop, implement, and improve periodic training for management and technical staff members.
- Train on the requirements and importance of compliance with Military Entrance Processing and Reporting System (MEPRS) and Defense Medical Human Resource System ( DMHRSi) program reporting requirements.
- Initiate and monitor system processing and ensures data elements support all aspects of the command's mission, to accurately and effectively portray the Military Treatment Facility (MTF), via the MEPRS.
- Review hardcopy reports and verifies accuracy of the data, making corrections and edits, as required.
- Review and interpret Department Of Defens and regional policy and procedural requirements; prepare in draft form internal instructions, policies, and guidelines.
- Assist in the analysis of workload statistics for the budget submission processes and for accounting system reporting requirements.
- Prepare other statistical data in spreadsheet, database, or graphical form, as requested.
- Provide program recommendations, as appropriate, and is responsible for implementing and tracking the status of recommendations and program improvements.
- Plan, develop, and conduct on-site assistance visits of related functions of substantial technical complexity, within the assigned MTF, assisting in problem solving.
- Provide information technology (IT) support and system administrator functions, as required.
- Demonstrate expertise in various software programs to manipulate raw data and provide meaningful reports.
- Analyze official accounting records on a continuing basis to ensure the costs for salaries are being charged to the appropriate work centers.
- Recommend solutions and develops standards, as required, resulting in improved work effectiveness and impacting continued funding.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505136600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.