The Interventional Radiology Supervisor has overall responsibility for the coordination and performance of Interventional Radiology. The IR Supervisor is involved in ensuring compliance with ACR Accreditation Requirements. Oversee compliance of specific FDA, VHA, and Joint Commission stands as they pertain to Interventional Radiology. Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in a variety of routine to complex interventional procedures at a technical level for diagnostic purpose.Learn more about this agency
- Develops and maintains a schedule for technologists.
- Trains new technologists in new and established procedures.
- Triages exams to prioritize scheduled and routine patients as well as accommodate emergency patients.
- Confers with Radiologists to determine requirement for nonstandard exams
- Coordinates the repair and installation of all new and established IR equipment with Biomedical Engineering.
- Practices radiation safety to reduce exposure to patients, staff and self.
- Maintains records and files of exams performed on patients.
- Properly identifies patient images.
- Responsible for stocking and inventory of all supplies and related materials
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504956800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.