This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of fundsLearn more about this agency
The employee will serve as an Industrial Engineer acting as a project manager, leading national transformative quality, safety, effectiveness and efficiency improvement efforts for the Office of Strategic Integration (OSI)/Veterans Engineering Resource Center (VERC) within the Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA). Assists Program Offices to identify/develop strategic concepts/projects; create complex operating/tactical plans; and executes identified concepts/projects.
- Leads and organizes National and multiple-organizational Health Care Systems quality, performance, and informatics improvement efforts.
- Serves as a project manager for large and complex healthcare operational improvement projects that have national impact on VHA patient care delivery systems.
- Develops methods for measuring spread and sustainability and conduct assessments to document spread and sustainability, including improving systems to ensure that projects are based on sound engineering principles.
- Conducts studies and organizational analysis of diverse functions and work processes at multiple medical centers.
- Identifies system design problems that contribute to human errors and then identifies alternative systems and processes based on industrial engineering principals to mitigate errors.
- Conducts studies that address complex problems in healthcare quality, safety, effectiveness and efficiency using advanced analytical techniques, statistical methods, and industrial and quality engineering tools.
- Develops data gathering strategies and works with services and work teams to obtain process information.
- Plans and conducts analytical studies of management functions in support of improvements in organizational structure and staffing level efficiency.
- Leads and trains others in transformative improvement efforts.
- Provides instruction to others on systems engineering principles and tools.
- Develops statistical, graphical, and narrative reports justifying work unit reorganization or position restructuring to improve system effectiveness and efficiency.
- Actively participates in Academic/Education missions and provides expertise in professional engineering topics with an emphasis in industrial engineering, human factors, informatics, quantitative patient safety, and quality improvement.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504949400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.