This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Data Production Division, Digitization and Access Branch, Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the Data Production Division is to acquire materials in agriculture and the related disciplines, digitize content of National Agricultural Library (NAL) collections, provide bibliographic access, produce metadata, produce content of AGRICOLA database, and to develop the National Agricultural Library Thesaurus (NALT).
The incumbent serves as the Chief of the Digitization and Access Branch, and is responsible for policy making, planning, directing and evaluating program requirements, activities, and functions of the digitization and physical collections programs. Incumbent provides leadership, management and vision for the strategic development of programs, products and services that increase access to NAL collections while protecting and preserving them for future generations.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs, leads, and supervises the Digitization and Access Branch staff engaged in performing functions of the Branch.
- Develops policies, plans, standards, and objectives.
- Manages and directs utilization of resources.
- Provides authoritative guidance and leadership for digitization, metadata processing, collections management and curation to support NAL's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Fosters an innovative environment for learning, sharing, and problem-solving across organizational boundaries by maintaining a continuing exchange of ideas with NAL and other librarians, information professionals, the scientific community, and commercial entities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504904900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.