If you have experience with carpentry, installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, consider joining the NIH Office of Research Facilities (ORF)! For more information, visit http://orf.od.nih.gov/.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is focusing on Heavy Refrigeration duties in Hamilton, MT
This Vacancy is focusing on Heavy Electrical and Heavy Plumbing in Durham, NC
Working as a Maintenance Mechanic with the Office of Research Facilities (ORF), you will:
- Troubleshoot HVAC/R systems with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgment to locate malfunctions.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC/R systems and equipment.
- Respond to service calls and preventive maintenance inspections orally or in writing through computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) regarding malfunctioning/inoperable equipment, kitchen and domestic equipment (e.g., dishwashers, electric rangers, dryers); shop and laboratory equipment (e.g., vacuum pumps, air compressors, piping systems); and plumbing, utility, supply and disposal system (e.g., steam, chilled water, domestic water, sanitary water natural gas, etc.)
- Make repairs to a variety of HVAC equipment, both industrial and residential.
- Install, repair, and maintain large commercial and industrial ventilation, refrigeration, air conditioning (AC), and cooling systems with complex problems and extensive repairs.
- Diagnoses trouble and makes repairs that can be accomplished by removing, replacing, tightening, splicing, soldering and insulating defective wiring, controls, equipment and fixtures such as broken and bare wiring, burned out switches and relays, loose connections and fittings, damaged light fixtures and poorly operating thermostats,test equipment by use of voltmeters, ammeters, wattcmeters.
- Perform plumbing tasks including installing and maintaining supply and disposal systems and equipment such as: sewage, water, oil, and gas distribution systems, hydrants, water fixtures, lavatories, showers, sinks, dishwashing machines, etc. Tasks include but are not limited to: locating and tapping main lines, planning and laying out the routing, placement, slant, fall and proper location of systems and equipment, installing valves, traps and unions where needed for proper functioning of the system, assembling of pipe and fittings, hanging or laying assemblies into position, testing for leaks, clearing difficult stoppages in drain pipes, disassembling and repairing damaged sections, fabricating replacement parts when necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504866900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.