About the Position:Learn more about this agency
These positions are in the excepted service. Employment in the excepted service does not confer competitive status to apply to competitive service jobs in the federal civil service.
The position expiration date (not to exceed date) may be extended based on workload and funding availability and is not subject to regulatory time limits.
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center offers an intensive student-centered environment with diverse opportunities for faculty development.
- Faculty members teach listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills, as well as geopolitical, economic and social issues, in an immersion based environment.
- Teachers integrate technology in the classroom and in homework assignments.
- Faculty members employ resources such as Smart Boards, the Internet, iPods, and Tablet PCs.
- Available software i.e., BlackBoard, RapidRote, and SharePoint are used by teachers to develop learning materials.
- Teachers employ computer skills to organize data and teaching materials.
- Faculty members are expected to stay abreast of current foreign language teaching theories and methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504563200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.