The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Island of Oahu (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
These positions are located at:
- Schofield Barracks Child Development Center - Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Petersen Child Development Center - Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Performs duties under the general direction of the CYS Director, who outlines program objectives and is available for discussion of complicated and unprecedented matters.
- Majority of assignments are performed independently with technical assistance from the CYS Facility/Program Director when required.
- Serves as a Child and Youth Services (CYS) Assistant Director of a Level 1 - 3(small to large size) CYS Program with responsibility for assisting the supervisor in the operation of an assigned CYS program IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
- Acts as Director in Director's absence.
- Ensures facility/outdoor venues maintain appropriate standards for condition and sanitation.
- Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of assigned staff and the safety and well being of children and youth IAW DoD, Army and local policies and standards.
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with health, fire, safety, facility and program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards.
- Supervises and evaluates employees based on established performance standards as required. Provides appropriate staff professional recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Conducts written observations of staff during all hours of operation, and evaluates employees based on established performance standards.
- Assists supervisor in developing program budget. Manages assigned program areas to budget. Conducts written analyses of budget variances, and Prepares justification for funding of program resource requirements.
- Monitors food service program for assigned area ensuring compliance with all applicable Army and USDA food program policies and procedures to include proper meal components and portion sizes.
- Recommends the procurement of supplies and equipment. Arranges for bus transportation of children/youth as required.
- May certify and supervise up to 9 CYS satellite homes IAW all applicable Family Child Care policies and procedures as required.
- May be required to perform health related practices as reasonable accommodation for children with disabilities.
- For additional position information see FASCLASS PD#AM315- https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hnG2DVZmZlIuYk6lR
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504515600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.