Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located at the U.S. Coast Guard (CG) Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communication, Computers & Information Technology (CG-6), CG C4IT Service Center, Enterprise Product Line Division, Support Logistics Branch, Alexandria, VA.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This position involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools as a Cyber Security INFOSEC Engineer. As a Cyber Security INFOSEC Engineer, this position is responsible for designing, testing and deploying standard configurations to USCG assets through Active Directory Group Policy Objects.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing and interpreting policies, procedures and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency.
- Providing expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical CG IT issues.
- Ensuring the integration of CG IT programs and services and developing solutions to integration/interoperability issues.
- Assisting in the development and review of policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
Occasional travel - some travel will be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to All US Citizens. This position will be filled through Direct Hire Authority (DHA). All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration. The traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to this vacancy.
For more information on Direct-Hire Authority: click here
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504489200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.