This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), National Agricultural Library (NAL), Knowledge Services Division, Scientific Data Management Branch, located in Beltsville, Maryland.
The Scientific Data Management Branch (SDMB) is primarily responsible for monitoring, operation, maintenance, preservation and enhancement of scientific datasets administered by the NAL enhancing NAL's role in knowledge systems and services. The incumbent is responsible for serving as a Senior NAL Data Manager and for supervising, leading and overseeing the immediate and long-range planning involved in the administration of datasets and associated activities and services for datasets housed at NAL including the integration of scientific datasets with the literature resources of NAL.Learn more about this agency
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in strategic planning and long-range projections/planning, establishes policies, programs, plans and budgets for Division and Branch.
- Reviews and evaluates program operations and budget accountability and ensures long-range Branch goals and objectives are met.
- Oversees the expansion of data coverage by strategically acquiring, reformatting and re-purposing appropriate and relevant data.
- Makes selections for positions, assigns duties, reviews work, approves/disapproves leave and performance evaluation.
- Serves as a representative for USDA in the field of information science/data management.
- Serves as a technical adviser to outside contacts and explains data management programs and services to a wide range of audiences.
Occasional travel - 5-15 days per year
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent USDA-ARS employees with competitive status and USDA CTAP/RPL eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504448700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.