THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (F-22), Position Description Number D1525000 and is part of the HI 154 AMXS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
LOCATION: 154th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hawaii Air National Guard, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
RECRUITMENT AREA 1: Present enlisted members (E7 and below) who possess AFSC 2A3X7 of the Hawaii National Guard
RECRUITMENT AREA 2: Present enlisted members (E7 and below) of the Hawaii National Guard
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The primary purpose of this position is to act as the crew chief with responsibility for directing the total maintenance effort on individually assigned aircraft. The work involves the total maintenance of complex, high performance military aircraft, ranging from multi-purpose heavy, multi-engine transports to the most modern sophisticated fighters and bombers. Fully responsible for providing detailed technical insight on individual aircraft's level of Mission Capability (MC), then develops and recommends a comprehensive course of action to maintain the aircraft at Full Mission Capability (FMC). All aircraft are fully integrated in and are part of the Total Force Mission of the United States Air Force. This position is responsible to fully prepare assigned aircraft for Aerospace Expeditionary Force/Wing (AEF/AEW) Operations around the world.
- Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
- Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications.
- Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises and Operations Other Than War (OOTW).
- Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504439300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.